Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Welcome!


Welcome!
The Full Spectrum is a blog created for Special Education teachers. There are some truly amazing teachers and bloggers out there, and I'm hoping to show how materials can be easily modified or adapted to meet the needs of all kids.


A little about me, I'm on my 6th year teaching Special Education in Virginia. I moved to VA in 2009, after Massachusetts began cutting both new and experienced teachers due to budget deficits. I have one amazing husband, and 2 amazing dogs. Brady is the Golden Retriever and is almost 8 years old. Daisy Mae is 1.5 years old...I'm a little obsessed with both of them.

Seriously, the happiest day of my life!

Brady (7) Daisy (1)
I taught in a Self Contained classroom for several years. This was one of the most challenging times of my life, yet also one of the most educational. I have taught kids with many different diagnosis, behaviors, and medical issues. It has helped me to learn and become more aware of the challenges our kids face in the classroom everyday. I am currently teaching in the inclusion setting, which I absolutely LOVE! I am so fortunate and work with a great group of teachers and kids. More on that later!



This is all new to me, but I am so excited to start blogging about the adorable activities I have been able to do with my students, and eventually share some of the materials that I am making myself. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment