Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Reminder Notes Rule!

Well, I finally finished scheduling seven meetings for next Wednesday. Yes, you read that correctly, SEVEN meetings in one day. So. Much. Paperwork. Schedules to make, coverage to arrange, student surveys to complete, Notice of Meeting to be sent out, eligibility reports to file. So. Much. Paperwork.

Anyways, after scheduling the meetings and sending home the Notice of Meetings, I was able to finally able to stop and take a deep breath. I finished crossing off the final items on my to-do list, and felt very accomplished. Then I started creating a new to-do list. One of the items that I always send home one to two days prior to an important meeting is a reminder note. We work hard at our school to help our families be active members of their child's education, and attending Special Ed. meetings is an important way to stay involved. I usually print out these notes on bright paper and staple them to the students agenda book. Most of our parents check these nightly. Here's a quick peek of what they look like. (Click here to get your copy.) You can check my Teachers Pay Teachers page to download the complete pack of Meeting Reminder Notes.

The families are not required to sign or return the note-it's just there as a friendly reminder. I've actually seen an increase in parent attendance since sending these letters home. Hope you enjoy them!





0 comments:

Post a Comment