Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

New England Excursion


Whoa! It's been almost two weeks since I last posted...time is flying this summer! For the last two weeks my husband and I have been traveling through New England visiting friends and family. We traveled through most of Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and loved every second of it. At first I was planning on blogging throughout the trip, but I decided to just relax and live in the moment. 



My husband and I moved to Virginia about 6 years ago. It was a big move because almost all of our family is in New England. Before we moved, we lived in Arlington, right outside of Boston. It was awesome and so much fun. This year we decided to visit the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. 


We used to go every so often, but haven't had the chance to go together in years. It was beautiful...and of course Dave and I acted super mature through all of it. Oh well, the couple that laughs together, stays together, right?



Then we went and visited our friends in New Hampshire. They have a cute little house right on lake  Winnipesaukee , and a BOAT! Yes! It has been years since we went out on boat with anyone other then family. We spent all day on the boat driving around and looking at the mansions and clubs on the water. Then we went to Margate and had a  Peña Colada before anchoring on a sand bar and just...floating. I even went in the water...which is unheard of given my intense fear of fish and seaweed. So awesome!



After a week my husband had to leave to return to Virginia. Sad news! I bet the dogs were super excited to see him though. After dropping him off at the airport, I saw my best friend of over 15 years, and then drove out to Cape Cod. If you haven't been to the Cape I highly recommend it. I spent every summer growing up with my aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. To this day our Cape house and the beach are my happy places.



And of course the sunset at Rock Harbor. 



Then of course we had to have a fire pit. Please enjoy this video of my Uncle Bill, who has PhD in biology and works with DNA, use a blow dryer to keep the fire going. It's both hilarious and unsafe!



This year I was actually there for the fourth of July, which meant...fireworks and sparklers!



It was a lot of driving, flying, and boating...and worth every second to see my family. What are your plans this summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment